Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Photo Finish

Just have a few last shots from Christmas forward to this past week to sort of finish up the past year. Above, the first Christmas cookies I've baked in some years. Just don't seem to have the energy and am always afraid I'll eat them!
It all began with these babies! I thought I'd seen on facebook that daughter-in-law Colleen, otherwise known as our Christmas Day Hostess with the Mostest liked the recipe for these Irish Bailey Cream, Irish Whiskey, and Guiness cupcakes - nicknamed Carbomb Cupcakes. I almost never bake anymore. I miss baking but it usually results in either too many calories hanging about, or something that takes more time than I generally have. But for Colleen - for Christmas - it was worth a try!

Once I'd got the cupcakes done, we realized there would be nothing for the kids. So Lar whipped out his trusty gingerbread man pan and made a brownie-man for them. And then we were off the Larry and Colleen's for a fabulous family dinner. Desserts in hand.

Fast forward to second week in January and we got pretty well buried in 6 - 8 inches of snow. It was gorgeous the way it stuck to everything....tree branches, bushes, - gorgeous but heavy!




And last but certainly not least! Our powerful buddy that helps us not be afraid of all that snow anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment