Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Retirement


My last day at my desk. One more letter to edit.

Retirement. As they have been known to say, "tired, and retired." Wonder how long it will take before I stop thinking, even if only briefly, "it's almost Monday!" "Wish I had the time to....." I got an e-mail from a distant cousin on Thursday evening asking a long list of questions about family tree issues. First thought "when would I ever have time to research and answer all that?" Second thought "Now!" So I wrote them down and addressed most of them immediately.

Thursday was my last day at work. Friends had approached me about having a work place party and I said no. They asked some more and I got to thinking that it might be ungracious of me to say no. After all, I've made some dear friends at work and I remember when other coworkers didn't want anything...as their friend, I felt a bit cheated...wanted to show my friendship. So I relented.

I'm glad I did. I kept a grateful heart and had a chance to thank and hug, or hug and thank many who have given me good memories and some great laughs.

There was a badge cake - I never thought I'd see one with my ID# on it! And the weirdest feeling was that for the first time, after all the retirement parties we've had there, I wasn't the one hosting - cutting and serving - cleaning up. I felt quite odd, and a bit naughty! But I refrained and enjoyed.



With my two last bosses -

And waving farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment