Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Thursday, August 25, 2011

10 Years in the Making

Yet another long-standing project complete - not without grief, however.

I began this little stitch work not long after we moved to this house.  It was a miracle that I actually got it done, but then it has been sitting on a shelf for years awaiting framing.  Today we went to JoAnn Fabrics to get a back mounting board and a frame.  I grabbed the board and then we went to the frame department.  I sort of remembered that many frames do not accommodate the mounting board, as Larry encouraged, I asked the salesperson for help.  After her rather snippy replay "I have no idea what you are saying!" she then proceeded to tell me that all of the frames would work.  So, we happily picked out four frames for this and other projects.
When we got home I pressed the little bridge picture, applied it to the mounting board and inserted same into the frame.  Which absolutely would not, in any way, shape or form work!  Finally, with tremendous frustration, I peeled away all the board except for the sticky part adhered to the fabric ($3.50 wasted) and then, with the use of a butter knife and good luck, I got the frame to just barely, by the skin of my teeth, accommodate the additional thickness.
Used to be that people actually either knew the products they were selling, or they admitted their ignorance.
Good thing that unpleasant sales person wasn't here to hear my comments!  But, it all turned out ok, the project is hung and it only took about 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment