Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Monday, February 27, 2012

February - Month of Love

This has, on the whole, been a very nice month, February 2012, with love abounding!
We had the pleasure of a visit with b-i-l Dan and then he and Lar went to lunch and I got to see them both for a chat after.  I think back on the times we shared when Dan was still in high school....to my way of thinking you just can't have too many brothers!
Next up, a lovely lunch with a dear friend who brought me these flowers for my birthday.
We spent a time with our oldest son and his family after our cruise....
and then my sister was back for a visit/intensive quilting lesson.  It warms my heart to be able to spend such quality time with her - no interruptions, unless we wish them...just talk, be together, learn together....I was purring!
And boy, has the quilting bug bit her big time!  We spent almost a full two days holed up in our basement/my sewing area just basting, cutting, piecing and quilting.  Saturday I don't remember seeing the light of day.

Learning to machine quilt







She's proud of the end result - we are proud of her!

Teacher and Student Sisters
During her 3 day visit we were also able to get down to see my youngest son and his family  - unfortunately I didn't get more than a picture or two with Carol and Ian - maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment