Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Saturday 28 September 2013


Saturday 28 Sept 2013

We travel today to Paris.  The road takes us through vistas of famous vineyards to Beaune.  We stop for lunch in the medieval town of Burgundian, known the world over for its wine production. 
 





















I have no recall as to what was special about this vehicle....one of my visitors may.  Anyway, people were quite taken by it and one of our travel mates suggested I be sure to take a photo as we "will probably never see one again."  ?  So I did!

We stepped into a tea shop for a bun and tea and discovered the folks at the next table were Welsh.  Had a lovely chat with them and then back on the bus!!

As we arrived in the city of Paris, the feeling hit us almost immediately.  What is it about that city?  I found that the misty, other-worldly feeling I have seen in so many paintings is exactly how I was viewing it in person.  I still don’t understand it, but I loved it! And I would return again and again, given the chance. 
 My first sighting of the Eiffel Tower!  An earth shaking experience for me, I must admit.  Never, never thought I'd see it in person. 

 Our group assembled to ascend the Montparnasse Tower.  Built pretty much with us (and our kind!) in mind....it provides the most remarkable views - 360 - of the city.  Fabulous!








 On the Seine.

 What I consider one of if not the best photo I took on the trip!




The bridge of locks





 
 
Topping off our list of the three rivers, we have a magical boat tour on the Seine from the Port de la Bourdonnais.  We also had the fabulous opportunity to ascend the Montparnasse Tower – via the fastest lift in Europe where we enjoyed a 360 degree panoramic view of the city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment