Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Sunday, May 19, 2019

49 Days of Experiences! From the Beginning

My life has truly been so blessed!
On March 16, 2019 my travel journal begins:
"Here we are again, big, big trip coming up and although Larry does all the really important planning - and he does it so well - I am once again choking over the concept of packing for 49 days!  I have spent the day  trying on clothes (a happier concept since I've lost 24 lbs...but still!) and have only a couple of items I still need.  Water shoes (never got them!) bathing suit....hmmm that's about it!
Son and d-i-l left today for a week in Spain!  So happy for them.  Granddaughter to stay here with us - always a delightful time.  "

Next up in the journal...a list of things to include in my take-on bag.  I'll include here...but only for my own edification....probably not of interest to anyone else.
"Water bottle - Pens - Journal - Eye mask - Wrap - Ear buds - Kindle - chargers - Cords - Adapters - Wipes and Sanitizer - Moisturizer - Sunscreen - Sewing kit - Safety pins - Stain remover - My bandaids (allergic to most) and Bag of prescriptions."

And then, day 1.  "California, here we come!  Ready - or not.
Packing!  OMG!  Why isn't there a "packer to hire" - someone who is experienced enough too know what one actually needs.  And someone else to blame when we are caught without undies, or some such. LOL  Anyway, I've hidden some of my "valuables" (meaning things not really worth a lot to anyone but me); I've packed for every possible eventuality and it remains for the "Van of Tranquility" to pick us up."

No comments:

Post a Comment