Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Happy and Safe New Year!

 What a year it has been!

Dearest husband gave me a couple of miserable days doing what I do best, worrying!

During the end of February, he slipped in mud during a lovely walk with youngest Granddaughter, and broke both lower bones in his leg.

The beginning of March, he had repair surgery.

The beginning of May he suffered Bell's Palsy.  

If it taught me nothing else, it taught me how very dear he is to me.  I honestly didn't know I could cry quite so much during the first couple of days...not knowing what was wrong with him, not being able to go to see him...he was hospitalized during the worst time...during a pandemic!  Thankfully, that is all behind us, never to happen again....God willing.

So, we can see the taillights of that miserable year and look forward with hope to the new one.

I'm making great and shiny plans for bettering myself, my environment and my relationships - isn't that what humans do in the first, squeaky clean days of January?

What brought me here today is to document one of my 2021 challenges.  

I've joined the Quilting UFO Challenge by American Patchwork and Quilting.  It's being run locally by one of my favorite quilt shops, The Quilted Nest, Collingswood NJ.  See shop here

For the challenge we list in numerical order, projects we'd like to complete this year.  Any past readers may recall that I have made similar lists most years.  And I've got to brag that in that way, I've gone on to complete a great many projects.

Here's my list for 2021.

1.    Sunbonnet Babies Seasons    Quilt It                  Top finished Dec. 2020

2.    Aunt Mar's Violets                Repair and Quilt (these have been on my lists for several years!)

3.    Stack and Whack                Get the top pieced

4.    Eleanor's Amish Square        Quilt It        

5.    Giraffe                                Finish the collage, Quilt It  

6.    Giraffe continued

7.    Crystal Embroidered            Select threads and get the embroidery done

8.    Picture This                        Take from pattern and fabric to a wall hanging

9.    Stonehenge                        Take from panel to a wall hanging

10.    Fold n stitch                    Take from pattern, template and fabric to table center piece

11.    Eleanor's Yellow                Quilt it    

12.    Lancaster Covered Bridge    Take from kit to wall hanging

I bought these orphan blocks from the husband of a quilter who had passed away.  I decided to address them during the dreaded Covid19 year, put them together and decided they needed something.  Finished embroidering each of the blocks in December.  Now to get it quilted.

There are two twin sized quilts in this container....I've had them for years.  They are featured on every New Year's list to finish, but they have some problems that have to be addressed and it ends up putting me off each year.  This, hopefully, will be their year.  All hand embroidered by my Aunt Martha.

A hand-me-down done by the mother in law of my youngest brother when she died.  I've completed a few of her items - one I did for my nephew, her grandson.  Really want to complete it and do something with it.

I bought this pattern and made, I think 3 center pieces.  Then I bought some gorgeous fabric to make one for Christmas - maybe 3 or 4 years ago.  I'll be Folding and Stitching this year!

Just had to have and make this covered bridge panel for a wall hanging.  Well, I've had it for a few years.  Better get my bridge built.

Just thought I'd throw in a picture of me....don't I look ready and eager to get going on these projects?

Picture This.  Hubby so badly wants me to get this one done.  We think I'll substitute vinyl pockets where the photos are supposed to go so we can change the photos out  from time to time.  We'll see.

I have a few more photos to find and add here....but for today....over and out.  I think I'll be back....Still have a magnificent trip to update.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment