Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Long Weekends (Whose concept of long?)

I wrote this item in September, and I guess I planned to add pictures or something...never published....so here it is, and I still feel the same way!  Time is just a concept.  A screwy concept at best!
I fail to see the humor in the term "long weekend".
It would be fine if we got long weekends made up of the same length days as the rest of the week.
But long weekends are notoriously made up of very short days.
Have you ever noticed?
Having just come off a "long" weekend, I got less than 1/3 accomplished of the list of chores and playtime I had planned.  And now it is back to 4 work days - 4 of the long time days.
But we have made advances.
Our concrete work is done.  We have new front steps, two new sidewalks, a new drive and a new patio!  Yay! 
We painted the hall (covering some of my old stenciling - of which I was not fond anyway, and glad to see go).  The bedroom is complete with the exception of hanging pictures and doing something about the floor.
There is progress....but I really need some of those 40 hour days here at home, instead of spending them all at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment