Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Early Morning Birthday Thoughts

It's my birthday.  67.  Wow.....
But my main thought today is that I want some changes made.
I want to live long enough to see my country - this truly great and blessed land - take back her pride, take back her direction, her honesty, her faith and get on the right path.
Before you read further - if you should choose to do so, turn off the regular music at the bottom so you can experience another sound, and inspiring sound that is to come.
Yesterday, our town buried a young man (a child, really - ask his mom) of 22 who went to war to fight those forces who do not respect life.  His dad died a little over a year ago.  Now that leaves mom and two younger sons to deal with their grief.
There were hundreds who turned out to show respect for this boy....to give support to his overwhelmed family.
And the police department was inundated with calls COMPLAINING ABOUT TRAFFIC DELAYS!
One man, upon being told what the delay was about said, "oh, well, he's dead and that's a shame.  But the living go on and my 10 minute trip took 30 minutes!" 
Twenty minutes out of his lifetime.....lost in traffic.
A young man's entire lifetime....lost in war.
Our souls - lost - to what?
Please do watch the following....watch it, listen to it and see if you don't think, as I do, that we each need to make a change....make a change for right, for justice, for conscience, for our children, for our future....and if you will.....please do it while I'm still here to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment