Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Going to Great Heights

Seems to take more and more to impress myself as I get older.
I have been terrified of heights for most of my life. It started on a class trip in high school. We went on a trip to a steel manufacturing plant. We were chatting away, and suddenly I looked down and having not been aware we were on an open grid walkway, I saw molten steel below me and had the impression I was falling.

Never got over it.

Until a couple of years ago when I was actually able to climb up on our garage roof to clean the siding and roofing.
I was the mom who several times went up the ladder with her kids on a slide and then needed help getting down.
I was the woman who once climbed a ladder to clean her kitchen window and didn't get down for about an hour when I got someone to help me!
But now I have realized that a number of my fears have gone since I no longer have little ones depending on me.
I still don't hang out in high places, but I can actually talk myself up a ladder - which I did again today....to clean our siding.

Taking "clean the house" to greater heights!

And I am both impressed at myself and glad it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment