Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Busy June

I can't believe our calendar for June!  It has really been busy - there have been days with at least three things posted to do.  Lots of it has been Dr. appointments, tests and checkups....now that I don't have to feel the guilt of taking off from work it is so much easier to attend to those kinds of things.
Also signed up for 7 sessions with a personal trainer this month.  After my first session with Nancy, I knew she was the one to get me on track to better physical condition and better health.  Have had three sessions so far and my strength is so increased - I feel so, so much better than I did a month ago.  And the scale has begun to show some movement in the downward direction as well.
Lar's been busy in his garden, and has begun to harvest radishes - much to the delight of young Larry and his sister Julia, and to me....I love radishes.  Julia tried one and her face was something I wish I'd been prepared for with camera...but I was proud she tried it.  These are very peppery - so they probably weren't the best for her first.
Yesterday the kids went to the garden with their Pop Pop and they worked really hard with him.  When they came home they had a lot of radishes in a bag.  We figured we would have them hose them off out front on the drive before I brought them in to clean in the sink.  They were a riot!  Because it was such a hot and humid day, Jules had no problem whatsoever with her brother's poor aim!   On a Saturday I got a text from our friend Ivy wondering if I'd be home for about an hour to babysit her little Kayla.  What do you suppose I said?  Of course!  What a pleasure.
 
When it was pretty obvious naptime had arrived, we cuddled in the rocking chair and I explained that her Uncle Patrick used to be rocked in that chair.  As soon as the words were out of my mouth, her head settled on my shoulder and she was asleep.  Joy.
 Father's Day meant I needed to make something special for brunch.  What a winner this recipe is!  Breakfast Bruschetta - egg whites with fresh basil from the garden - with yummy bruschetta over whole grain toast...accompanied by fresh red leaf lettuce - again from the garden - and some roasted peppers.  It was really yummy.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY LAR - AND ALL DADS - HERE AND GONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment