Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

To Make or Not to Make

For my nephew and his bride's wedding, I had intended to make a card.  But time got away from me and I realized I didn't have the items I needed for it.
I had a card - but it was, to me, quite mediocre - I hated the ho-hum ribbon and tacky plastic flower button.
So I first cut the ribbon off.  Believe it or not, it took courage!  I don't know why, but it felt just "wrong!"
When the plastic flower was removed it left behind a really large (size of a quarter) blob of hot glue.
Peeled that away and was left with damaged cardstock.
Next job, sort through my bits and bobs for something that might make it a card worthy.
First, I attached the sticker reading "Two Souls, One Heart" in the upper part of the card, and then found the perfect little "button" that reads "I Do" to cover the damaged area where the button had been.
Finally, on the inside where the original card featured a very sketchy, rather ugly little flower, I attached a matching sticker.
You know what?  I'm really really happy with the end result.  I'm glad I didn't try to make the thing from scratch, and I'm really glad I got those scissors out and snipped that ribbon.
Now to write the check!  :)
Oh, and on the back, I'm adding my credits to the name of the card's originator.  I think I made it a much nicer card.  (insert self, patting back)

No comments:

Post a Comment