Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Monday, July 11, 2011

Too Busy to Remember!





I did an entire entry on how busy we've been during the first week of July, but neglected several of the pictures I had for that entry!  Too busy to remember to do it!
So above you are seeing our garden.  Most of the work has been done by DH - but I've helped out here and there - as have Colleen, Larry and Julia.  The pretty little glass decoration was a gift from Julia.  Now my job has begun...cooking it all up in new, healthy and creative ways.
Here's yet another (wonderful) Italian Style recipe for zucchini, above and stir-fried swiss chard in olive oil and garlic with some slices of vegetarian Italian style sausage.  Two more recipes we'll be making all summer.
And finally (for the moment) a peaceful scene that is on our way when we walk to the garden.  This neighbor has done an amazing job on his grounds, and this little section is so peaceful it seems to be a spiritual oasis.  I've both complimented him on the great work, and warned him he might just see me sitting lotus style meditating one of these days!  He says I am welcome anytime.  The picture doesn't entirely do it justice, but I had to include it in my memories of this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment