Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

19 and counting

Christmas is a'coming as they say.  We seem to be moving along in that direction - no shopping done, but a bit of decorating.
First, I want to share the traces left behind by some of our darling grandchildren after a couple of hours in the office during Thanksgiving.  I'd just gone up to enjoy the beautiful sunset when I noticed



some colorful sticky notes attached to our desk over the keyboard.




It warms my heart to know that these cousins have developed a close bond - in no small part a result of their parents' support and encouragement.
While Thanksgiving is always festive and enjoyable - something about the next day tickles my fancy best - generally our whole family gets together that day to "get rid of the leftovers" and I guess some of why I love it so is the fact that the food is all made and just needs the oven or microwave for some warming.  Pat and Amy, Ian and Madelyn hadn't made it for the actual day, but Friday we were all together - and the leftovers did, indeed, get eaten.
There were more cousin activities - such as "little teacher" Julia who read to her little cousin Ian (Jessica too!  :)  )



 There was time for giggles and fun.


a little music
and lots and lots of


 Hugs and kisses!

1 comment:

  1. These sticky notes and pics brought tears to my eyes. We have been bless with such loving and fun grand kids. As you stated thanks to the hard work of their parents. Good job Ann this is a fine posting love you Lar.

    ReplyDelete