Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas is..........

Seeing my husband's eyes tear up a bit as he peruses the photo book I had made for him, "The Story of Larry...so far" and knowing how much he cherishes family.
Talking to my sister who shared with me that her way of celebrating this year was to buy complete Christmas meals for two families in the area suffering from hard times.  Hearing the joy in her voice as she described this abundance she was able to share.
Getting a call from my youngest brother, and feeling his love across the miles.  Knowing he has his wife's family with whom to share what could have been a very lonely Christmas.
Speaking with my other brother whose voice is full of the happiness of a recent trip with the lady in his life.  Knowing that he is experiencing fun and excitement in his life again.
Getting a call from our oldest granddaughter who is bubbling with glee and who asks "what did YOU get for Christmas?"  And who reacts happily to each and every thing we tell her.
Knowing that soon we will be assembling at our oldest son's house, where his wife will have lovingly prepared a family meal....where we will be, as it should be, a family gathered at table in love and with Christ in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment