Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Monday, June 4, 2012

Going to Pieces

While in Arizona, I began to work up an idea by which I could express my vision of Montezuma's Castle.  It certainly isn't an original idea - I have seen it done in various ways.  But I've never actually done it myself.
And then, I took a photograph that demanded to be tried before I attempt that beautiful American Indian site.
So, having cut some of the over 2,000 2 inch squares of over 25 different fabrics, I began.
There will be 51 strips each containing 41 squares.  And I have no idea at all if it will be anything when I'm done!
But I have learned a great deal while doing this project and am fairly obsessed with completing it.
This little graph shows how I am coloring coding it, those tiny numbers are exactly that small!  And they look even smaller by evening.
I've learned a lot about my sewing machine (valuable info) doing this, and the above is one of the most wonderful tools I own.  Money well spent!  Because of the enormous number of tiny seams that require pressing, I cannot say enough about this little number I got for about half price with a JoAnn's coupon one day.
I'll be interested in the end result - and as I told my sister, "worst scenario, it'll make an ugly little quilt that will still keep someone warm.  best scenario - it might just look like it's supposed to!"  
We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment