Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Living Life - One Day at a Time


“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.”   Annie Dillard from The Writing Life.
Today has been what might be considered a somewhat typical American summer day.
Although I was awake for 2 fitful, tossing and turning hours in the night, I awakened quite refreshed and feeling well.
Having had one "get-it-going" cuppa, I prepared my to do list for the day.

  1. Do some various tidying and dusting – check
  2. Check out a new web site I’d read about ( housewaresdeals.com ) – check
  3. Exercise – check
  4. Finally get a birthday card off to cousin – belated, but – check
  5. Purchase a card for Grand-daughters upcoming birthday – check
  6. Send off a birthday wish via e-mail to a dear friend – check
  7. Meditate – check
  8. Read some – check
  9. Get a grocery list done for shopping tomorrow – check
  10. Get some of the day’s crop of zucchini processed – and get dinner made – check and check - two in one!
  11. Sew some – check
  12. Call my sister – it being the 10th anniversary of our mothers passing – check
 So, per Ms. Dillard, I guess the way I spend my life is in attempting to make our home a healthy, functioning, welcoming place; planning and preparing good, wholesome and nutritious meals; supporting my husband in his pursuits and interests; expanding my mind; centering my being; expressing my caring to family and friends; and, in general, just trying to get things to move along smoothly.

I also sat outside for about ½ hour.  With these temperatures and air quality, guess you might say I added just a touch of excitement and danger!  (Well, maybe not, but attempting to have some well-rounded life going on here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment