Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Weekend


Got one batch of strawberry jam made.
 Harvested some green beans....
 some collards, cukes and squash
 sweet and fabulous beets to roast and greens to cook - and our first real crop of carrots
and made the best cheesy summer squash dinner.
Visited our local farm market for a tent sale of herbs
 beyond you can see the newly laid out corn maze


 Lar picked his first Better Boy tomato - oh was it good!
 Attended Grand daughter Julia's swim meet - that's her little head there approaching the wall
and got a chuckle out of this shirt....it reads "I have no life - my kid swims" .... isn't that a shirt for all moms?  But it could just as well say "my kid plays ball"  "my kid plays music" or simply "I have no life - I have kids!"
And we went to our local library where they were having a book sale.  Got 16 books:
The Bridges of Madison County - just read the 3rd in the series, but never read 1 and 2; Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood - saw the movie, haven't read the book; Ladder of Years; Obasan; At Home in Mitford; The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - had the second book, wanted to read the first one first!; The Train Now Departing - Martha Grimes (one of my favorites!); The Kitchen God's Wife; The Joy Luck Club; Frozen Fire; Light on Snow; and The Alienist - actually on my to-read list!  Also a couple of mysteries.
All for $5  !!!  Quite a deal.
Gotta go read now.

No comments:

Post a Comment