Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Sunday, December 8, 2013

More Stitches in Time

While the new sewing/embroidery machine has been in the shop, I've been busy at the old machine - made this "broken china" or "stack and whack" quilt after a friend described the technique to me....of course, I did a couple of "slashes" incorrectly, but the end result pleases me....I do love black and purples!
 
When Larry took me up to Pennington Quilt Works, I saw a pattern on sale that I thought was a pretty wallhanging and decided it would use up some of my extensive Christmas fabric stash.  Took it home and while my sister was visiting, we chatted as I cut.  And cut.  And cut.  Finally I thought, "this is going to be an awfully big wallhanging."  Checked the measurements....a bed sized quilt!

 I have been busy with card making too.  Our kids recently threw us a surprise (OMG what a surprise!!!) party to celebrate our 50th anniversary.  Leaving me with lots of thank yous needed.






 When we were in the UK, we were invited to tea at the estate home of a Welsh actress, and Denbigh Mayor, Gaynor Morgan Rees.  see
Ms. Morgan Rees is the most gracious hostess imaginable, presenting a warm, welcoming smile and a beautiful tea cart with delectable homemade treats in her absolutely gorgeous home.  This was our second visit and it was like reuniting with a dear friend.   Obviously we wanted to send her our sincere thanks for the pleasure of her company....

 
My effort.  Hope she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment