Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Monday, January 1, 2018

Unmentionable and 01 Aug 2017

   On Sunday, July 30 I was feeling slightly out of sorts, so we simply hung around in the hotel.  We spoke with the tour reps and one of them took us on a tour of the health and fitness facility.  Strangely, as tempting as it was to partake, I just couldn't rally to do so.
   At some point on that day the Australians landed!  We couldn't foresee just how important that landing was to become.
   Throughout the day I felt worse and worse and finally that night it all "came to a head."  Without too much detail, I likely lost 20 pounds that night and by 1 AM or so I was beginning to believe I might not make it out alive.  Larry called the desk and they told him to call for an ambulance.  When the crew got to our room, things had quieted down and I was no longer as violently ill.  They were two young women who couldn't have been nicer nor more compassionate.  They stayed with us a couple of hours, I think and they provided Larry with information on medicines I needed and where to go for 24 hour pharmacy.  At the end of their visit I moved to find my insurance cards and they told us there would be NO CHARGE!  National Health Service even for foreigners.  I was shocked.  But happy.
   Larry left the hotel at about 3 AM by cab to go to the pharmacy.  The cab driver was a life saver, (perhaps literally) as he waited at the shop for Larry to come out at which time a scary looking fellow followed Larry and tried to speak with him.  The cab drove right at them and honked his horn.  He returned Larry to the hotel and when a "lady of the evening" loosely speaking approached, the cab again intervened.  Don't know his name, but I bless him.
  Monday I never left my bed.  I was intent on recovering enough to make the bus the next day.
  On Tuesday I rallied and made it onto the bus.  Must admit I was shaky and weak and wondered if I was truly able to get through the day.  I dozed on and off at the beginning of the day and it turned out to be one of the most arduous of the days on the bus!  We saw a great deal and walked a long way.  I was rather proud of myself for doing it.
  When we reached our next hotel at about 6 PM we were delighted to find it about 3 times larger than the one in Kensington.  And to top it off, the bed was great.
  We had begun the day chatting a bit to a couple from Australia, Glenn and Judy.  When we went down to dinner we discovered they had held seats for us at their table in the bar, so we joined them and a bit later went to dinner.
  My meal consisted of 3 apple slices, 4 bites of plain rice and some ice cream.  I left the table full.
OXFORD








HAMPTON COURT

ANNE HATHAWAY'S COTTAGE


STRATFORD-UPON-AVON - SHAKESPEARE'S HOME




LARRY GOT A CUSTARD TART!!!




A ROOMY ROOM


REGURGITATING SUITCASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment