Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

And He Shall Make Music Wherever He Goes!

On the Friday night we were to leave for Mexico, our youngest also had a concert (his band, The Silence Kit) in Audubon, near enough for us to get to and still get home to pack. We'd had our pb and js, admired God's handiwork in the sky, and got to the old bank building way too early for the show, so we got to chat some with Patrick and his wife Amy. And then the show began.


I must explain that Patrick has been making music for as long as I can remember. One really gets the sense that even while in a conversation, Patrick is - on some level - hovering somewhere else, writing. He is self taught on the guitar, and has brought tears to my eyes with the beauty that he can make a guitar emit. I love his creativity. I admire his dedication. And while most of his music is the kind of rock to which I don't so much relate...sometimes he hits just the right note for his mom. On this particular evening he played and sang a couple of new songs, and during one of them his dad and I looked at each other and smiled...we really liked it.


The old bank building is being so wisely used - they have auctions there, and various shows, music, etc. We love the atmosphere in the building and in the area around it. I even took a couple of pictures outside where the evening looked and felt magical.

And then it was home to pack! We got home about 10:45 and the van was coming for us at 3:15 AM! The race was on.

Well, maybe not exactly a race....more like me sitting in a rocking chair with a glass of wine encouraging (read whining, nagging and insisting) Larry to get packed.

At about 1:30 I fell into a deep, one hour sleep until time to get ready for the van to the airport.













No comments:

Post a Comment