Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dipped in Copper




We had one of those almost "out of body experiences" on the Friday evening before leaving for Cozumel. We had rushed home from work, grabbed pb and js and were dashing out of the house to attend our son's concert when we were stopped in our tracks!


The sky had a hue I don't think I can describe, and I doubt our camera caught it, and every tree looked to have been picked up, turned upside down and dipped in bronze or copper! It was a stunning effect and while I snapped a number of photos, we sort of knew we'd have to "eat it up" with our eyes, because no photo was going to capture the true wonder.




It was one of those prayerful moments, when you know the depth of God's thoughtfulness in His creation. When He created our eyes and minds to receive such images, to translate them, to appreciate them and to know His presence in His Word become our Life.
I've had over two weeks, and a trip to Mexico in between, and the experience still leaves me filled with wonder.


No comments:

Post a Comment