Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Scrapping



We were invited to send a scrapbook page, or item for a scrapbook for old friends who will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. All kinds of ideas flooded into my mind and I let them "simmer" a while. I have recently bought a ScrapBoss and thought I might use that to emboss wedding and anniversary themes onto white paper, maybe chalking them....I sort of "tossed and turned" with possibilities. The other evening we ate at Cracker Barrel and I saw the perfect embellishment...a magnet in just the colors I realized I wanted to use. And it was on sale half price!

Yesterday we went to JoAnn's to pick up chalk daubers and I found some perfect paper. It matched the embellishment wonderfully.

I had very few pictures I could lay my hands on, and I had two letters from the "bride's" mother that I knew I wanted to use. I scanned some of the things I had and let Picasa collage them. I made them sepia and printed them to fit on the 8.5 by 11 size required.

And then the play began. I embossed wedding/anniversary themes. Cut them out, chalked them and hated them!

But I persevered - grabbing up bits of ribbon in my scraps, cutting....pasting....it began to take shape.

Using Cricut I cut out their names. and journaled our best wishes by hand.

Finally, to soften the look of the page, I riveted a parchment sheet over all that can be pulled up for ease in reading.

It is packed and ready to mail and I am pretty pleased with the results. Hope they will be.









No comments:

Post a Comment