Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas In the Heart

     If over 20" of snow doesn't help put Christmas in your heart, well....then....I don't know what will!
It was forecast by the weather men, it was prayed for by the kids (and the shovel sellers!) but who knew we could still get this old-fashioned kind of snow?!
     It is absolutely beautiful, it is overwhelming, and it's a shame to have come 6 days before Christmas because around here it probably means we have a "grey Christmas" but still.
     Are my old bones looking forward to getting out there with a shovel?  No.  For several reasons.  I love being snowed in!  I love the quiet that snow brings with it.  I love the sense of just the two of us being holed up, warm and safe - no place to rush to - no outside obligations.  It's a hold-over I am sure to the snow days of my childhood.  A sense of God actually being in on me getting away with something!  But it still holds delight for me.  Shoveling is a sign that the world is still out there.  That there are still places sitting out there to which we must, eventually rush to.  Where duty calls.  Cracking open the shell of peace, quiet and safety.
     Anyway, I've got a couple of pictures from last night, will have a few more from today's adventures, and I am thankful for the beauty I am viewing outside the office window.  Please, let the WHITE last until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment