Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve

It's 11:15 on New Year's Eve.
We are home alone.
But we just had a nice day, a really really nice day, and a lovely evening.  An evening with layers of loveliness.
First, the day.  We shopped for last bits for tomorrow's meal.
We cleaned up a bit.
I did my annual New Year's is coming throw away....Dug in a dug out and threw out.  I always like the feeling of entering a new year with some room to breathe.
And then we got ourselves presentable ( or reasonably so) and took ourselves to our oldest son's house for their annual, growing, wonderful, warm and welcoming open house for New Year's Eve.
And we mingled and talked and enjoyed.
And we saw our son and his wife through the eyes of friends and neighbors who value them - as friends and neighbors.....as people of value....as people of great worth...as we  know them to be, but as we are warmed in the heart to see others see them that way.
And I spent about 1/2 hour with the most delightful person I've met in a long long time.  She is in the grade below my grandson.  She is my absolute heart's delight.  I honestly savored every minute of our conversation.  And when she confided to me..."I don't even like hotdogs, but we go to this place, Johnny's Hot Dogs and I have to eat hot dogs there, they are so good!" and I was able to tell her that my Dad, Larry's Great-Grandfather actually BUILT the facade of that building, her eyes lit up, and I had my New Year's Eve.  It was so darned cute I might never forget it.
Happy New Year - God Bless the Past - Go Prayerfully into the New.....trusting the God who has seen us through to now, will see us until "then".  Thank you to all friends...old and young.  We must bring love and friendship into the new year, as we have done before....being there for each other....friend and family.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment