Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March Goes Marching On.....Can't Wait for April!

     Yesterday, as is my usual habit, I got settled at my desk at work, took care of some immediate things and then made a cup of tea and began to read the paper.
     Status quo............
     until
I turned to the obits.  I read them every day, and more often than not I see someone I know, or know of...having lived the greater part of my life time in this area, that isn't so surprising.
I saw a last name I know.  I figure, well, it is likely some elderly aunt or uncle I might not even know.
And I read the full obit.
I then figure, well, I've certainly read that wrong.
I read it again.  The 31 year old wife of a young man we watched grow up.  His parents being two of our dearest, dearest friends.  His 31 year old wife is the subject of the obituary.  She leaves behind four young chilldren.  My disbelief is overwhelming.
I call our friends and discover that this young woman had passed away in her sleep a few days before.
What on earth can one say?
One offers to "help" but what, really, can one do?
Today I attended her funeral service.
The priest at St. Cecelia's outdid himself with support and kindness.  His sermon was really heart-felt, I think, and well done.
Where does that leave this young husband and father?  And his four dear, motherless children?
My goodness the pain you can feel in your heart for such as these.
God bless you Jen, with no more care, look down on your babies, help them fare - Know you will not be forgot, tho time will ease your family's pain, Help them to remember they will see you once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment