Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Nerves and Learning Curves

I've been taking piano lessons from a really wonderful teacher at NJ School of Music for 6 months or more (have lost track) and Lar confirms that I've been progressing....I am much more comfortable at the piano now, and loving every minute of practice.

At practice.

It's the classes that are killing me! I get a song so I am very comfortable in thinking that by George, I've got it....keys are right, tempo is getting there....I feel good about it. And then I get in front of my teacher. OMG! Is it possible that I, who have really never had any trouble with stage fright....can get up in front of any crowd and "talk" cannot get 5 notes in a row right in front of David? I make what I feel is a total fool of myself. And I blather "but you should hear me at home!" and he pretends to believe me.

Trouble is, I haven't even been able to record myself because I'm almost as bad when the recorder is going.

But today I gave myself a good talking to. I sat myself down and got er done. And I sent this to my teacher.

And I'm posting it too.

I really am learning. I just don't seem to want anyone to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment