Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Not a Complete Waste of Time......

I keep thinking that I might get off Face Book and stay off. If I spent less time on there, and less time watching TV I just fantasize about what I might accomplish! I might be thin! My house might be neater! I might have quilts and other things done!
Yesterday morning I awoke to a note on Face Book. It has changed my life - and I didn't have to do a thing but still be on Face Book.
For years I've wondered about my Aunt Florrie and her two children. She was very special to me in my early teen years. Her babies were beautiful, and sweet. I can close my eyes and still see my Grandma rocking them and singing her "rocking song" and I have searched many times for them in various ways. Once Aunt Florrie and my uncle were divorced, she seemed to have dropped out of sight. We had heard she had died.
Yesterday's e-mail was from her daughter! And her mother is very much alive!
Harold and Marianne are, of course, all grown up now...tho' I still think of him as Baby Harold, and it shouldn't be long before we get together. I especially want to hug Aunt Florrie once more.
It's a happy time - thanks to Face Book....so I guess I'll sort of waste my time...since it wasn't such a waste after all.
What's better than fitting a piece of the family puzzle back in place?

No comments:

Post a Comment