Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Have Kept Busy

Came across a bunch of photos of various crafts and projects I've had over the years. Gee, I really have kept busy! My Grandma always taught us about idle hands.
There were the little munchkins - made of stockings as I recall - I sold a number of them, below you can see the angel
on left and Mrs. Santa we kept for ourselves, then one I made for a realtor, a carpenter, a hairdresser, and others. Then I made a few tea cozies - never kept one for myself. Then the little door hangers indicating to guests whether or not the baby is sleeping. Over the years I've lost track of the number of dolls I made. Many were custom made to order - eye color, hair color, etc. Most had music boxes inside. The center picture below is of a few "character pillows" I made...sold them all. Then there was the candlewicking pillow - I think I sold that too. Next to that is a doll with high button shoes...the buttons were antique black buttons.

Here is a pillow I made for my sister Carol's anniversary (25th, I think). I had some antique satin and lace and cross stitched the center picture and the words. More dolls, and more "character pillows" these made to resemble the people who were getting them. I also did some in school colors, and in several instances used the authentic uniform fabric to dress them for St. Peter's School in Merchantville. Haven't found any pictures of those as yet.More dolls and some traditional quilt designs for throw pillows. Again, all sold, or given away.Then came the Cabbage Patch craze. People were going crazy trying to buy those dolls and I came up with my own design - sold quite a few. Also, below, a one time Strawberry Shortcake type doll.Somewhere along the line I met a lady who became a good friend. She ordered two character dolls...one to look like herself, and one to look like a friend. The dolls were dressed as identically as I could manage to the way they were dressed in the picture she provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment