Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Turning Up



You just can't believe what turns up when you are cleaning out! I've been scanning like crazy in order to get all my mom's photo albums saved and ready to turn over to niece Tina. While doing so, I've found quite a number of things of my own. I've always had a secret wish that I could paint. I did a lot of water colors as a kid and enjoyed art class in high school. However, along with that secret was my other secret - I'm not very good at all! Many years ago while vacationing at Lake George NY, I took a couple of water color classes. I was pretty disappointed with my efforts and rolled them up and stored them. When they turned up a couple of weeks ago, I realized what they were and came close to chucking them into the quickly filling up trash bag. But then I decided, what the heck, let's check them out. I'm glad I did. I am no longer ashamed of them - tho' I do recognize they aren't very good. But they do represent a lovely vacation time we had together - the one with the little boat is of our two oldest boys and Lar - learning to handle the boat.






No comments:

Post a Comment