Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Monday, November 21, 2011

Ian is 4

Last weekend we baby sat.
For all you Grandparents out there - you know that means I am attempting to get rid of what I caught in time for Thanksgiving.
It's funny.  It's one of those things you don't know about until you get there, until you join the "grandparent club".  Like a well kept secret.  Apparently it's called something like the "babysitting bug" and I've got it.  Sitting at a play this past weekend at the Walnut Theater, a man in front of us expounded at length on the way it works - he and his wife had just completed several courses of antibiotics after getting the same thing.  It was pretty funny - like a warm up to the play - except that they had been quite ill.
Anyway,
We had a delightful time babysitting with Ian - who was so good, and so entertaining with his new manner of speaking Popeye-style out of the side of his mouth.  He is one of the funniest little humans I've ever met - and with his beautiful baby sister Mads.
Once in bed, Mads coughed until she was gagging, and an internal voice said "uh-oh" to me...but I was much more concerned about her - and we sat in a rocker humming and rocking until she quieted.
I love holding babies in my arms - it's like my arms settle down to what they were actually made for. 
Next day was Ian's 4th birthday.  I know everyone says it, but I truly don't know where that time went!  

When I sneaked up on Mads to take her picture, she turned to me and said "CHEESE"!  (think she's had her picture taken much?)

Ian and his birthday car track set.  It's so much fun, I almost wish I had one!

All the cousins - including 8 foot tall Larry, decided to hang out UNDER the track set.

Happy Birthday Ian
 Because all the children have so much, and I have no ideas anymore, Ian got some money in his specially ordered and personalized card. americangreetings.com  On the way, I was suddenly struck with the fact that maybe money would be a disappointment to him. 

Ian - doing the "cash dance" - guess you could say he knows what it is and what you can do with it!  We'll try to schedule a shopping trip to the toy store soon - his mom's thoughtful suggestion.












































































No comments:

Post a Comment