Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

(Just discovered I'd never posted this entry because I was waiting for a picture! Sorry it's late.)
Time just keeps on rollin' - doesn't it? Here it is, time for summer to be showing us her back...autumn creeping in on colorful, cooling feet - tho' yesterday was no example - very warm - beautiful day.
And yesterday summed up something I love about my life - circles - family circles - continuity -
a good many years ago, our eldest son Larry was confirmed with his father as his sponsor.
Some years later, that same (elder) son Larry, sponsored our youngest son, Patrick.


Yesterday, Patrick sponsored his brother Larry's son, Larry 4th.

With the relationship that has developed between Larry 4 and the son of Patrick, Ian, I would not be surprised, if, in about 10 years, Larry 4 isn't the sponsor of Ian.
Not that I particularly care if that happens, it's just that I can see the circles of love and support wafting through the family and it warms my heart.  Congratulations to Larry 4. We are so proud of him and of his parents. We remember what it is like to get them through CCD and all that goes with being confirmed into thefaith.We still have the scars!  And I am sure my kids would say the same.   It's just a matter of teaching children what it is to persevere, to struggle through, to do what might feel "a waste of time" because in so doing, we are teaching a life's skill. A lot of life feels like that. We encounter things we just simply do not want to do almost every day. But getting through it, out the other side, is literally all there is. Otherwise, you learn to give up and quit on life. And that would cheat you, and those you love, of days like yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment