Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Going to Pieces with Paper!

Quilters out there know about Paper Piecing.
I had done some paper piecing many years ago - and it can be addicting!  With some thinking and planning, you can get the neatest blocks/patterns  which would be much more difficult with traditional piecing.
What I'd forgotten was just how frustrating, confusing and upside down and backwards it requires one to think!
This is a signature square (without border it's only a 3" square) I decided to use for a souvenir quilt I just made.  It incorporates the fabrics from the quilt and was meant to form a heart.  
As you can see, I almost immediately mixed up the fabrics!  Not much of a heart here...but I did put my own heart into it!

 Click here to see where I got the pattern



The white area will have the information/dedication/signature written on it.  Then it'll be appliqued onto the back of the quilt.

Meantime - I need a cup of tea!  My synapses have had a nervous breakdown!  But it was fun and I'll be doing some more paper piecing again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment