Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Keepin' Sew Busy!

Among other things, this has been a SEW busy summer!  I am still having trouble actually believing that I am able to simply start - do - and complete projects whenever I wish.  There are not very frequent demands upon my time - the occasional doctor visit - getting to the gym - but a great deal of the day I can do what I like.  Wow! What a concept!




Anyway - having had the opportunity to rejoin our local quilt guild - Love Apple Quilters - I am able, too, to once again participate in Charity Quilts - something that was always dear to my heart and this Tuesday I'll be turning in 3 sets of 10 each of Happy Blocks some of which are seen above - these will make 3 "happy" quilts for someone in need.
I was happy to also get the chance to learn to make "10 minute blocks" in a pack - by adding some of my own fabric I ended up with 16 of these blocks - one of which I experimented with - and was thrilled with the outcome.  By making a contribution of my time and thread (and a little fabric) I learned a new technique and am sure I'll do more of this in the future.



I don't think you are able to see that the center diamond in these blocks is dimensional - almost separate from the square - it can be stitched down, or rolled like a cathedral window - I didn't do either - I like the way they are - but may be asked to take them back and sew them - hope not!  The last picture is my experiment - I love it!  It has such dimension.
 Been hand quilting a quilt top my Aunt Martha had appliqued - very nearly done with it!
Working on a baby quilt for a neighbor.
And attempting to keep up with the on-line block of the month through Craftsy.com.  I've just completed August - and haven't even opened September as yet!

So, that's where I've been - and what I've been doing...how about you?


1 comment: