Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Swaps

Had our December Love Apple meeting last evening.  Once we'd assembled all the little ornaments for the swap, I saw this tiny, adorable tree and really, really, really coveted it!  And wonders of wonders....I got it!  I was so happy - I wish I could take a better picture by which to share.
My glass ball full of 30's fabric went to the nicest lady and she was thrilled with it, showing it to friends.  After listening to her for a while I 'fessed up that I was the one who made it, and I loved how much she appreciated it.
At the end of our guild meeting, my friend Carole surprised me with this gift.  It goes so nicely with the other little tree and is about two times the size.  It is a pin cushion, she had inserted a number of delightful pins, and it is full of....are you ready for it?..... LIZARD LITTER!
She explained that lizard litter is actually crushed walnut (I think) shells.  She buys them in great tubs from an exotic pet store!
Got no lizards here - but boy do I love my lizard litter tree!
As for the luncheon scheduled for today....not happening!  Seems the organizer and her committee are all sick.  A bit less pressure for me, even tho' I was a little disappointed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment