Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Friday, July 3, 2009

Six Degrees

We went this evening to Haddonfield to eat outside at the Corner Bistro and listen to the music of First Friday. It was a perfect evening to eat outside and the food was yummy - a Mediteranian Appetizer plate of humus and other tasty dips and warmed pita tips...then me a salad with Tuscan roasted veggies and Lar a Ceasar salad....red wine we'd byob'd.....relaxing.
Then we strolled a while and discovered our favorite Brit Shop has moved to digs much bigger....lots more lovely things to touch, smell, and even buy! Had a dreamy time in there...dredging up memories.
On up the street where an artist was showing her wares....art work that we really enjoyed...and we began to talk to her.
She was born in Stroudsburg PA.
I was born in E. Stroudsburg PA.
My mother was a nurse in East Stroudsburg General Hospital.
Her mother was a nurse in same place, but a few years later when they'd changed their name to Pocono Medical Center.
I went into nursing.
She went into nursing.
I injured my back during nursing school. I left nursing.
She inured her back while nursing. She left the field too. She is disabled, on a cane.
I'm not, thank God.
She has become an artist.
I haven't.
But maybe I just haven't found my talent as yet.

Very cool conversation with a really cool lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment