Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Flurry of Days and a Little Snow

 Our New Year's Day table was much less crowded this year - we missed those not present, but we had a lovely time together.





 We once again enjoyed a few days with my sister Carol here, and the three of us went to see son Larry and family during the excitement of a Flyers' game.                                                                 
 It was kind of a dream come true for me, as Carol's visit went on, she began to express an interest in quilting and we went to JoAnn Fabrics together.  While there, we had a bit of a crazy reunion with dear friends we haven't seen in such a long time.  They have begun to quilt too, and mentioned a new Block of the Month going on via Facebook.  I'd joined the group, so decided I'd participate too.  What with all the quilt-y talk, Carol really got bitten with the bug!
Within the next two days I have gotten the two January blocks done - and Carol learned how so she is going home to make her own.  I couldn't be happier than to share this past time with her.
We got up this morning to say goodbye to her and we were all met with the surprise of snow covering everything.  That delayed her departure a bit, so we went over quilting things, watched an episode of a show to which we have introduced her, and finally it looked as if the roads should be quite passable.
Pretty much as soon as she left I began to clean my sewing/crafting area and about every 5 minutes or so I would turn up some picture or other that demanded scrapping.  I got a lot of sorting and cleaning done and 5 scrap pages as well!
Darling grand daughter Jessica - "Lovable"
First Communion of our Grandson Larry
Grand daughter Jessica
 Larry 4
Our youngest son, Patrick's ornaments - a present for Jesus, an ornament with his picture, and his brass engraved ornament from his Great Aunt Mary and Great Uncle Fran.
Such heart wrenching memories....representing tremendous blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment