Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Monday, January 16, 2012

People Say the Darndest Things!

They really do!  Today during my walk, I came up behind two men walking their dog.  As I neared them we saw an ambulance coming past us.  As it turned, one man turned to the other and said, "hmm, wonder if it's going the the ass-hole's house?"  (sorry for the actual words, but you need to know the impact it had upon me.  the overwhelming sympathy and compassion.)
Later in the day we went to Ponzio's Diner for lunch.  I ordered a cup of soup and a small house salad.
What was delivered was a cup of soup and a gargantuan salad - just a head or so of ice berg, a couple of sad tomato wedges, one hard boiled egg cut in half and three olives.
I said, "I can't eat all that!  I ordered a small house salad."
Server said, "yes, you did, but I decided to bring you this."
I finally decided, ok, I'll keep it, bring me a box, I'll take 3/4 of it home.
Bill came.
Full dinner salad price.
I hope I never ask her for a band aid.  She'll decide I need a hysterectomy!

No comments:

Post a Comment