Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Saturday, August 17, 2013

So....I've Been Sewing!

There was a time when I used to sew clothing...for our kids, for myself.  Haven't done much of that in years.  But recently got the bug, so during one trip to JoAnn Fabrics found this (imho) gorgeous fabric called Greek Isles and had to have it!  After all, one of these days I will, indeed, be visiting the Greek Isles!
Once I'd made the skirt, I thought I'd need some shirts to go with.
First thing I did was alter a tee shirt I'd bought in Arizona...mainly to see how the alteration would go...I was using an old shirt I got from when our middle son was in school in AZ and which I've worn to pieces for the pattern.
Didn't realize how well it went with the Greek Isles skirt!
I was really pleased with the results, so got a new black tee to alter too.
I'd seen these shows where folks slash the shirts and add other fabrics, so tried that first.

That was really bad!  Old Miss America!  Yikes.
Soo added some more....

And still, too much!  So sewed the removed piece of tee back on, and cut into it, an I am happy with the result! 

 
Then  I decided to try my hand at a blouse.  This was a super easy pattern that I've owned for about 25 or 30 years...I like it!  These were all fun, easy projects, and left me willing to try some more. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment