Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Guests and Memories

First, let me correct something from previous post...Elvis and Betty live in Alabama, not Florida. They have done so for a good many years, but I just still have them living in Florida in my mind!


We had such a special visit. There was prayer time, remembering time, and just plain cherishing time...cherishing memories, cherishing friendship, and cherishing the Lord who made our friendship possible, and gave us this time to reconnect and see just how little has changed in what really matters. Thank you, Lord, for that.


The LORD is compassionate and gracious, Slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness.

On Wednesday Betty called me from Philadelphia to let me know they were on their way to our house. I had just gotten back to work from lunch, and I needed to ask my boss if I could leave for the last hour so as to let them in at the house. He kindly let me go early.


It is a funny thing when you meet dear old friends and the time simply turns to mist and is as nothing....by the time you reach one another to embrace, it was only yesterday since you have done so before. I suppose that is one of the aspects of time that is so difficult for us to comprehend....it has no meaning, it has no substance. Yet Love, love that is just as obscure and impossible to understand, steps in, moves Time out, and is as real as something you can touch.


We were blessed by this visit, and we thank Elvis and Betty for it, and for a friendship which began exactly 51 years ago this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment