Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Waste of Time FaceBook - or Not

Sometimes I get to thinking FaceBook is such a waste of time. I mean, I pay for membership on a family pages deal, we can share photos there for family members. And I don't have anything of value to add on the comments....the kids all have their own language....not many folks my age are there.....
and then -
I entered (for maybe the dozenth time) my nursing school name.
A bunch of tiny little thumbnail pictures were listed for me.....I fruitlessly scrolled through them...knowing full well that everyone in school with me had new names by now....
and there was the bright, huge, sparkling smile beaming out to me. And I literally recognized it immediately! It might have been something like 40 years since I've seen it, but I recognized it.
Jo was my "big sister" in nursing school.
More importantly - she and Ray introduced Larry and me 48 years years ago on a blind date! Look how that turned out. :)
It was so cool to see her - I wrote and asked her to "friend" me and she accepted. Said they were just talking about us.
Can't wait to catch up.
I'm so glad (for the moment) to be "wasting my time" on Facebook. Know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment