Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Double First Communion


 Brynn and Molly were receiving their First Communion, and I really wanted to make a keepsake for them!  I get these bright ideas and sometimes they simply don't pan out.  This time I was determined!  We bought extra hankie blanks - but I only mess one up....the other two turned out fair, considering I'd not done anything like this before.





I figured out a way to mount the hankies on card with ribbon and was pleased with my effort. 


Funny thing - I'd been advised by sales person to stabilize the back with a product that you dampen and press the hankie onto and then to apply a clear, water soluble top stabilizer.  I tried that.  Ummm, guess she didn't realize she was talking to less than a genius.  If you do those two things at the same time....uh, yeah, the top stabilizer "melts" and you have a gooey hankie!
On to the next hankie.  Thankfully I bought extra.




No comments:

Post a Comment