Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Some Things Never Change

I've been thinking today about my first day at school.
It would have been about 1949 - and I guess I was about 6.
I was so excited, I felt like I was going to burst!  I can still feel that pent up excitement today.  I was going to have access to books, and even better, friends!
Throughout the day I was admonished several times to be quiet.
Finally, I was sent to the cloak room.  All alone.
No books.
No friends.
Just to "learn my lesson." 
No talking.
That cursed cloak room did not teach me my lesson.
I still get overwhelmingly happy and excited.
And then I talk.
Sorry, Mrs. Maring.  But not.
I'm really not sorry.
I will not apologize for being a vessel full of joy, who needs to let it out, all over everybody.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment