Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Seek and Find

So....where have I been?  And what have I been doing?  And, finally, why no blogging?
Just in case there is anyone out there asking one or more of those questions....here goes.
To start, our PC went down.  I knew it was on the way out, but being advised by my "housemate" that it just needed some culling, I wasn't really panicky.  Result?  I didn't ensure there was backing up going on.
Once quite thoroughly declared dead, the computer had to be replaced.
And what to my terrified eyes should appear - Windows 8!!!
I HATE it!
And to top it all off, when the tech friend set it up, I had no 'account' so to get to anything like e-mail of my own, I had to sign in as hubby and then figure out the maze to get to my own.
And all my auto-sign-ins were gone.
I've probably explained enough so that you know why I haven't been here for quite some time.
However, I have been busy.

For years, I have enjoyed making my own greeting cards.  During my time away, I began taking a monthly card making class with Stampin' Up.  Lar has been very supportive of my getting some of the great equipment "needed", ie., a Big Shot and I've had a fabulous time creating cards.  The following are cards I've made up on my own....won't bother putting up pictures of class cards, as they are not unique.
This card had lots of dots featured - for my cousin Dot!

For our son Mike.

Hubby's birthday card.

Inside of hubby's card.


For a special cousin - inside says "if you look closely you will see, someone who means a lot to me."  The little mirrors are label tabs from dollar store pinwheels.

"To Wish You Well"   for a friend.

Son and daughter in law's anniversary.


Sympathy card for friend.
Oldest son's card....matching envelope.

Son and daughter in law's anniversary.

Inside.

A Thank You for a thank you gift!  The friends who received it called it quits....said we could go on thanking each other endlessly!  But they liked the card.




No comments:

Post a Comment