Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Friday, July 19, 2013

Family and Reunion

One day last month we went to the bird store.  While there, I mentioned our hummingbird and her nest and the sales lady got so excited.  She couldn't believe we had a nest in our yard!  I didn't know it was such a big deal.  As we were leaving with our various purchases, she advised me to get pictures of the bird and her nest....."climb up on a ladder if you have to!"
Yeah, well, I'm not actually gonna do that...and our camera isn't good enough to get a really close shot, but I've done my best.  There are little red arrows to show Mom Hummingbird and another to show where the nest is.  We've got a lot of little critters in our yard, but by far the ones we love the best are our hummingbird family!  We have 6 feeders and might get a few more!
 
Next up was our McCay Family Reunion.  We were really happy to gather with all these fine folks - such good people!  As kind of a welcoming committee, Cousin Mike was standing by to show off his heritage tattoo.


 The little ones had a great time with each other and on the playground equipment.
Lots of cousins got to pose for "togetherness" photos.



 Lots of "look alike McCays" hung out and swapped stories.




 
I hope a good time was had by all...there were so many missing - ill or gone - and their presence was still felt.  That's family!

No comments:

Post a Comment