Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Autumn Leaves - Leaf Me Be!

SUNDAY AUG 30 2009
3:00 PM Having gone through the frustrating process of deciding on a new mattress, we decided to paint the bedroom before it arrives.
Not bad, we thought. It’ll take 6 – 8 weeks…gives us plenty of time to pick a color for sure, buy it and paint.
Next day (Friday) – make that less than 24 hours after ordering said mattress, Larry gets an e-mail. “Your mattress has shipped.” I have finally found a moment appropriate to use the word “egad!”
For over a year now I have known I wanted a pinky toned brown for the bedroom.
Then I felt I was getting mixed messages from Larry on that color and we began to discuss a gold. On the way to the store I said, “how about the gold/brown of autumn leaves?” He agreed that sounded very nice. Getting out of the car there were tiny leaves lying about on the parking lot just the color I meant. Larry suggested I bring one in…see if we could match it.
Immediately we found a chip the exact color.
I was so enthralled at matching the leaf so quickly I gave no more thought to whether or not I liked the color for the room.
That might have been a mistake!
So far I’ve sploshed some autumn leaf ( you might read baby poo ) on the walls to watch it dry as Larry has been painting the ceiling.
Umm, I’m not sure what I was thinking.
Was I thinking?
Well, as he says….”It’s only paint” it can be painted over.

It's now 6:15 and we have just taken a dinner break. The color is beginning to grow on us....looking more brownish as it dries, definitely a warm color, but the Behr Paint with primer right in - not so much...lots of paint needed, and looks like we'll have to actually go back and order more. Tiny pink dots showing up all over.


9:00 PM Just finished the last of cutting in around the tops of the walls....it's going to require a second coat = another gallon!

But the color continues to encourage us....


9:00 PM Monday night. New gallon. Second coat is done! Yay!

And we are liking it more and more.

Creative juices flowing.....Have ideas for decorating....let the shopping begin!

Meantime, sleeping in the guest room again tonight....or should I say, tossing and turning...hopefully we'll be more used to it tonight and get some sleep. (fingers XX crossed!)

1 comment:

  1. We love our "baby poo" colored sunroom!! At first I wasn't too sure either but we get compliments on the color all the time. Have fun decorating!!

    ReplyDelete