Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Black and White Keys to My Heart

Still can't get my head around it....maybe in a couple of weeks I'll believe it!
We had some errands to run today and once we were in the car, buckled in, and on the road, Larry told me we had an appointment.
"An appointment?"
"An appointment with who? About what?"
He'd made an appointment at Jacob's Music Store.
We were GOING TO BUY ME A PIANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Growing up there was not a home I lived in, not a relative's home that didn't have a piano.
Actually, I always thought it was prerequisite....you had a house, you had a piano.
At the turn of the century (not that I go back quite that far) there were more pianos in homes than tubs. And at least 3 of the homes I lived in didn't have tubs.
But we had pianos.
I have missed that.
And a good husband doesn't forget.
So in about 10 days I'll be reacquainting myself with middle C and eventually maybe I'll be making some music.
I picture me and d-i-l Amy at Carnegie one day in the not too distant future.
Well, maybe Amy anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment