Welcome to

Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper ....

the nearer the end....

the quicker it goes.

(at least, that's my observation.)

Friday, September 7, 2018

Day 20, Friday August 18, 2017

Agenda:  Cardiff - Bath, England - Glastonbury-Widecombe-Plymouth

We cross the Severn Bridge to the elegant Georgian city of Bath, famed for its Roman relics.  Because we'd spent so little time in Bath when first we were there, I was excited to see the Roman Baths of which I'd heard so much.
They did not disappoint.
 I find the random "art work" in round-a-bouts and along the road fascinating.







 Passing a Quilt/Sewing Shop!  Nearly broke my heart.  I made a note of the location in case I should have the opportunity to  run back, but that, alas, did not happen.















 The baths.
























Then, into the West Country via Glastonbury with associations with King Arthur, and wild and romantic Dartmoor with a visit to the picture-book village of Widecombe in the Moor.






 As we often did, Larry, Jude, Glenn and I stopped in this little shop for tea or another beverage and to have a quiet chat.















































 Another little "rest" stop....read "the ladies" and then refill with tea!











My view from the bus of another vehicle squeezing by.  Don't know that I could handle driving these roads!




Arrived in Plymouth to hear about Sir Francis Drake and to see the "Mayflower Steps" from which the Pilgrim Fathers embarked in 1620.

No comments:

Post a Comment